2 Questions

Homepage Community Forums Ambition 2 Questions

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Customer

I’ve been really enjoying working with this theme. As a newbie, it’s not as hard as I thought it would be.

3 questions, though based on where I’m at so far:

http://selfimprovementsupercharger.com/

1. How can I reduce the size of the header so that my picture appears correctly and make the site name appear as one line?

2. How can I make it so that this feature box and the optin appears at the top of every page on the blog? I’m going for something comparable to how this site works:

https://smartblogger.com/

Thanks in advance! 馃檪

Wes

If you want your Logo/Site Name to appear on one line, this can easily be done by increasing the size of your logo area. The way you can do this is by adjusting this part of your style.css file –

/* Title Area
        --------------------------------------------- */

.title-area {
        	float: left;
        	padding: 16px 0;
        	width: 360px;
        }

…and changing the width to 100%; instead of 360px;…Currently it’s set as 360px by default, which limits the width, but if you make it 100% it will appear wider/unlimited. Let me know if that helps or if you need assistance in making these adjustments to your files.

Anthony
        Customer

Great. Thanks – that’s looking better.

How about manipulating the image so that more of it appears? (In other words, the top of my head is cut off. I’d like to have the full image appear.)

I’m also looking for how to make this image appear on every blog post page at the top.

Thanks again. Look forward to the next steps. 馃檪

Anthony
          Customer

Hmmm … There’s a problem when I active the primary menu. That cuts off the image very badly.

It would be nice if the few menu items I want to have could be on the same line as the site title. Is that possible?

Wes

My mistake, I should have resized the browser to see what it would look like when visitors view the site at different sizes.

To fix the logo area, try changing it to around 400px and let me know if that works on your end. Resize your browser and make sure that everything stays on the same line up until the responsive menu kicks in. I want to make sure that everything shows up properly.

For the front-page-1 background image, we can probably make some adjustments to get it to show up differently, but sometimes it really depends on the image itself. Responsive Background images resize based on the size of the width and height of the browser. So some images will appear more cutoff than others based on the size. There may be workarounds for some images though, but we’d need to test it first.

First, let me know if the first issue is fixed on your end as we’ll need that ready before we move on to the next.

Anthony
              Customer

Thanks for this. 400x looks better. I’m not sure how to resize the image to make it better, but good enough for now.

In addition to the question about getting this image and opt-in box to appear at the top of every page, is there a way to add headlines to the blog posts?

Thanks! 馃檪

Wes

Are you referring to the Blog Posts on the Homepage? If so, head over to your Customizer page and click the “Front Page Content Settings” and you’ll see the option to add a Headline

Journal Section Heading Text
                  Choose the heading text you would like to display above posts on the front page.

This text will show when displaying posts and using widgets on the front page.

For your other question, are you saying you want the Front Page 1 and Front Page 2 widgets to show up at the top of every page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.