August 10, 2015 at 10:59 pm #16200
Hi I need some help. My webpage is todddtuckeragency.com. Long story short, I have had to rebuild it from scratch. I keep getting this error in the top left hand corner starting with the word “essays.” I called my hosting service and they said that the error was definitely in the theme. Please help me. Oh…I REALLY like this them and would like to keep it because it works so well with my business. One other thing, in the rebuild, i cannot get my company logo to appear even though everything is in place like it should be?
‘August 12, 2015 at 9:56 pm #16226EricCustomer
It looks like the customizations that you’ve made to the theme have caused the issues that you are experiencing. When you make customizations to a theme and there are errors, it creates issues on your website. Do you have a list of what you’ve edited so you can go back and adjust what didn’t work?
The logo isn’t showing up because the image/link doesn’t link to any images. That’s why it’s not showing anything.
Also, I’m not seeing the issue of the “Essays” word appearing on your website. I checked some pages but none of them had that word/error displayed on any of them.
I create awesome sites for awesome people! Contact me if interested – email@example.comAugust 14, 2015 at 5:00 pm #16238GeoUserCustomer
Looks like you got the “essays” problem fixed. When I looked the other day, I saw the problem in the top left corner of the page, but now that’s disappeared.
Just curious how you fixed that.
*GeoUser*August 16, 2015 at 6:50 pm #16241
Thank you for asking how I fixed the problem. Now that I am sure it is permanently fixed, here’s what happened. Just after I sent am email asking appfinite to reply please, I got an email from Genesis announcing their update. So, I called my hosting company to get clarification on which “theme” they believed the error was in. As it turned out, they said that they thought it was in the Genesis framework. So, I used Filezilla to delete the Genesis framework in the “themes” subdirectory of my website. Please note that I did not touch the Ally theme at all. I installed the new version of the Genesis framework. All of the work that I had completed stayed in tact because of Ally and the “essay” was gone. So the file corruption was actually in the Genesis framework.
As far as the logo in the top left corner not showing up. Your replies jogged my memory from a year ago when I did the website. I forgot that the dimensions have the fit the exact specifications. I found the jpeg that I had sized perfectly, saved it into the logo and it appeared on the website.August 16, 2015 at 6:52 pm #16242
Thanks again for all of the help.August 17, 2015 at 5:21 pm #16245GeoUserCustomer
Great that it’s all OK now. 🙂
- The topic ‘error in the theme’ is closed to new replies.