Thanks again for all of the help.
Thank you for asking how I fixed the problem. Now that I am sure it is permanently fixed, here’s what happened. Just after I sent am email asking appfinite to reply please, I got an email from Genesis announcing their update. So, I called my hosting company to get clarification on which “theme” they believed the error was in. As it turned out, they said that they thought it was in the Genesis framework. So, I used Filezilla to delete the Genesis framework in the “themes” subdirectory of my website. Please note that I did not touch the Ally theme at all. I installed the new version of the Genesis framework. All of the work that I had completed stayed in tact because of Ally and the “essay” was gone. So the file corruption was actually in the Genesis framework.
As far as the logo in the top left corner not showing up. Your replies jogged my memory from a year ago when I did the website. I forgot that the dimensions have the fit the exact specifications. I found the jpeg that I had sized perfectly, saved it into the logo and it appeared on the website.