April 20, 2013 at 9:48 am #4034
I am customizing Skope on my dev site, but I have a few questions
(1) Is it possible to have the category/tag pages exhibit the same three column thumbnail style display as the main page? I would very much like a ‘unified’ look and feel.
(2) Is it possible to specify the minimum browser width at which the responsive behavior kicks in. At a browser width of 960, the sidebar is sent downward leaving a very unattractive empty space where it used to be. Could I instruct the theme to only have the ‘responsiveness’ kick at at a certain width?
(3) When the responsive behavior does kick in, is it possible to have it be left justified rather than centered?
(4) If the answer to #2 is no, is it possible to switch off responsiveness in the theme.
Thanks.April 20, 2013 at 1:03 pm #4041EricCustomer
In the future, please create separate topics for each question. We have a “One Question Per Topic/Thread” policy – http://appfinite.com/topic/forum-rules/. This keeps everything organized by topic/questions and makes it easy for us to answer questions…..it also makes it easy for others when using the Search form to find similar topics/questions.
1. I think its possible, but you would probably have to create a completely custom category template file in order to do this….There may be some tutorials out there on how to do it if you do a Google search. If not, then I’m not sure the best route to take for something like this.
2. Yes, you can do this from the responsive section itself by changing the widths shown for the media queries. You’ll also need to make some adjustments to the css in order for everything to do this.
3. yes you can, just simply change all of the affected areas to text-align: left; instead of center.
4. yes you can either remove or comment out the entire responsive section.
The Skope theme is awesome! Wes will be updating this theme and a few others very soon. So it’s going to get even better! Let me know if you have any other questions.
I create awesome sites for awesome people! Contact me if interested – firstname.lastname@example.orgApril 23, 2013 at 5:44 pm #4140
regarding #1 above. Is it possible to do it via a custom functions file? (Custom template files seem strangely complicated/unelegant solution)
When I set up my current theme on freewaregenius.com (the one I plan to abandon for Skope), the creators of said theme merely helped me with some code inserted into custom functions, that made the taxonomy pages the same as the main screen.April 26, 2013 at 12:01 am #4287EricCustomer
No this has to be done with a completely separate template file. It would be even more complicated trying to add something like that inside the functions file. You would definitely need to create an entire template file to do this…..that’s just the way WordPress is setup.
I create awesome sites for awesome people! Contact me if interested – email@example.comApril 30, 2013 at 5:23 am #4434
How do I set up this template file? Is there a template file for the current main page that I can copy?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.